Your life belongs to God; you are only having it but you don’t own it. So, be careful what you do with your life and your time before the owner asks for it.
The last wishes of Alexander the Great…..
On his death bed, Alexander summoned his army generals and told them his three ultimate wishes: Will shorten a long story here…
- The best doctors should carry his coffin…
- The wealth he has accumulated (money, gold, precious stones) should be scattered along the procession to the cemetery…
- His hands should be let loose, so they hang outside the coffin for all to see…
One of his generals who was surprised by these unusual requests asked Alexander to explain.
Here is what Alexander the Great had to say:
- “I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that in the face of death, even the best doctors in the world have no power to heal …”
- “I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees that material wealth acquired on earth, will stay on earth…”
- I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed after the most precious treasure of all is exhausted, and that is:
**This thing called – TIME.**
We do not take to our grave any material wealth. TIME is our most precious treasure because it is limited. We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.
When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never take back. Our time is our life. Think about it. When you squader your time, you squander a part of your life away. It is non-renewable and time is progressive.
The best present that you can give to your loved ones is your time, because our journey on earth is based on time; one day it will be over. Therefore, make the best use of your time for productive ventures and to service credible relationships and people who matter to you.
I pray we will make the best use of our times here on earth so that on the long run, looking back, we would be satisfied on how we have spent our days on earth. And that we do not regret anything.
Peace and Love!
Copyright © 2016 by Simpledimple. All rights reserved