Let’s talk about love – Love according to the word of God.
Love is a powerful word. That’s what the world needs and that’s what you and I need too.
However, today’s society, the meaning of the word love has become so distorted that the Christian meaning has been diminished. Some view love as a feeling, but it is more than that. It is a decision followed by action. Jesus said, “If you love me, keep my commandments.” The word “love” is used so extensively in the Bible that this compilation would be very lengthy. The word love is mentioned more than 500 times in the bible depending on which version of it you are reading
- May the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another.
- God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- Greater love has no one than this that someone lay down his life for his friends.
- If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
- If I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
- If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
- Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.
- Husbands love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.
- Have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.
- With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love.
- Whoever loves God must also love his brother.
- We love because he first loved us.
- Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.
- There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.
- For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
- So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
- Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.
- Love is eternal.
- Love is patient and kind;
- Love does not envy or boast.
- Love is not arrogant or rude.
- Let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
- Let all that you do be done in love.
- Love one another with brotherly affection.
- Let us love one another, for love is from God.
I pray that God will help us to embrace love for ourselves and for all mankind.
Peace and Love!
Copyright © 2016 by Simpledimple. All rights reserved