Today is Thanksgiving day in the United States. I began this season of thanksgiving with my blog “November”, where I wrote about the Thanksgiving holiday. Though I don’t live in the US, reflecting on the underlying theme of this holiday, I am grateful for so many things in life.
Here are 15 things am thankful for:
- First, I am thankful to Almighty God, for the gift of life. For His abundant Grace and Mercies.
- I am extremely grateful for my wonderful family. Thank you Mama for bringing me into this world. And to my brothers and sisters, for the love and bond we all share. You are a great help and support.
- I am grateful for the land of my birth. Nigeria. Growing up there has taught me what life truly means. I understood early in life, that ‘life is a struggle and only the tough survive the challenges’.
- Oh yes, it’s true that I have come to love Facebook. Life will be boring without humour. So, I am grateful for the creative mind of Mark Zuckerberg for bringing Facebook to my life. Through Facebook, I am connected and linked to several amazing people and opportunities in the world.
- To everyone behind the ‘Internet’ and all the ‘Social Medias’ – WordPress, WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, thank you. You made communication easier across the globe. Long hours of talk with family and friends. Wow!
- I am thankful to the country I live in and the beautiful things it has offered me. To the amazing friends I have found here, who are like family. Thank you.
- I want to thank all the wonderful people I met at Aarhus University during my Master’s studies. My classmates, teachers, mentors, mentees etc. Sharing those hours with you all has enriched my cultural awareness, and made me a good team player.
- To everyone I met at Teknolog Kollegiet, for the great moments we shared. And for all the activities we did together – a mix of cultures, indeed. I say thank you.
- I am grateful for the countries I have visited. Travelling is knowledge. Insights into different cultures and people have changed my perception of the world. It is my best way to acquire empathy and understanding. Thus, I have learnt not to rely on the propagandas in the press.
- I am grateful for my friends and cousins in the United Kingdom, who open the doors of their homes whenever I visited. Thank you for the love you have shown me over the years. You are kind souls.
- I am thankful for those amazing friends, both old and new, that have become sisters. Thank you girls for believing in true friendship. May our bond get stronger each day!
- I am grateful for the lessons and experiences I have garnered in life. They shape my thoughts. Well, after all, life is a learning curve.
- I am extremely grateful for the air I breathe. For health. For abundant supply of food. For water. For the person I have become. For everything.
- To the wonderful people, who motivate, support, and encourage me in my passion and vision. Thank you.
- To every one of you that has crossed my path in life. Destiny brought us together. Thank you.
I am thankful that you are reading this post. Share your thoughts. Leave a comment. What is on your thank you list?